Then there's the plot, with a climax that could have been improved upon with a nice twist of comeuppance. It would have helped redeem the stupidity expressed by many of the supporting characters towards the lead duo's actions. But even if improved upon, there's the glaring continuity examples that turn up, several of which will be listed below. Let's Be Cops does throw in the effective stunts that you can't avoid laughing over, but the dialogue and characteristics of the pairing is repetitive enough of recent Bromance films to second a line from Andy Garcia's Brolin that I know everyone's already ad libbed.
So here are the Highlight-Lowlight factors (Warning: spoilers abound).
1. Nina Dobrev 1. Did they just leave the kid with a nymphomaniac?
2. Justin (Damon Wayons, Jr.) on drugs. 2. Backstreet Boys as comedic effect is a fad that's flown.
3. Rob Riggle pulls off a straight-laced role in a comedy. 3. So, is Brolin undercover or not?
4. Is this the year of Mad TV alum being film highlights? 4. How does no other cop hear them arguing in the store?
5. Riggle's up against two henchmen. What happens next?
6. IS EVERYONE THAT STUPID?!?